Medina Rugby is entering its 10th Season in 2020 and currently has nearly 150 participating athletes. We are a Spring sport for boys and girls of all skill levels and athletic backgrounds ranging from elementary to high school. Our High School Boys and High School Girls teams are Varsity Athletic Clubs at Medina High School operating under the Athletic Department and players are eligible to receive Varsity letters.
Rugby is an inclusive sport so anyone may participate without fear of being cut from the team.
- High School Boys (Grades 9 – 12)
- High School Girls (Grades 9 – 12)
- Middle School Boys (Grade 6 – 8)
- Middle School Girls (Grade 6 – 8)
- Rookie Rugby: Boys Modified Tackle (Grade 5 & 6)
- Rookie Rugby: Co-ed Flag (Grade 5 & 6)
- Rookie Rugby: Co-ed Flag (Grade 3 & 4)
Our objectives include:
- to teach life skills, attitudes and values
- to teach team work, sportsmanship, responsibility, and hard work
- to help each player grow as a player, student and person
- to develop Rugby fundamentals and knowledge of the game